Lancome Lover? Then Check Out The New Autumn 2016 Pieces!



Lancome have recently caught my eye since their new release of the L'Absolu Rouge lipsticks and Teint Idole Ultra Cushion. I already do own a few of the older products from Lancome as it is not really a brand I tend to buy from that often. 

As I buy from so many it is hard to keep up these days but when I heard from a friend how lovely the new lipsticks were I thought I would give Lancome another chance and purchase some of the items from the recent range.

Well for starters the packaging is incredibly gorgeous and very chic in my opinion. I am loving the silver, it isn't too done and the embossed flowers are make it their lipstick packages look a tad more interesting rather than just stay plain.

As for the quality for the lipsticks, they are decent as they do deliver a good deal of moisture and plenty of shine to your lips. They are matte leaving your lips fuller with a comfortable silk finish. Also lipsticks are very creamy which is nice so they do not leave a horrible texture on your lips when applied. They have a nice little glittery shine at the end of the application too! Perfect for the upcoming Christmas season. 

The colours I have chosen are number 07 which is 'Rose Nocturne' and 08 being 'Rose Reflet' which are both deep beautiful pinks. One is slightly brighter than the other while the other lipstick is more of a deeper salmon pink.

There is thirty nine other shades in total to choose from. Spoilt for choice!



Lipsticks:  08 & 07 


Swatches: 08 & 07 





Okay so since this new big 'cushion' trend has hit the market I was a bit taken a back by how gimmicked and slightly unwanted it is. As an infused sponge filled with the foundation has to be squished with a foamed pad then applied to the skin. Oh... okay then!

I thought I would give it a go anyway. I don't usually go for these cushion foundations as I usually purchase the typical squirt bottle types and then use a brush but I thought I would try this product just to see what all the fuss is about. 

I suppose this product is good so you are able to take it from A to B with you in an all in one compact rather than have it go all over your bag coating everything in brown steaks everywhere. Thats one good thing about it. 

So far I have found that the cushion is ideal, it allows better variety in terms of other foundations you are able to use. This formula is fresher, lighter and beautiful when applied as it offers great coverage.

Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra does not bring disappointment in the coverage department and I will say that the foundation its self is just wonderful. It gives you everything - a pretty glow, youthful and a delicious finish with plenty of coverage causing your skin to look baby-faced brand new. 


I am extremely pleased with this foundation. I'm taken by it. Plus also because the compact with the mirror does make things so much easier, convenient with no mess.
The cushion comes in nine other shades which I think is fabulous. The shade I am using is 04 which is a light soft brown. It is called 'Beige Miel'. 
However I will admit that it is so easy to use this foundation up quickly. It isn't exactly cheap either but I think it is worth the money if you are as won over by it as myself.
So far what do you all think? Have any of you reading tried any of the new Lancome collection yet? Please let me know!
xo

4 comments:

  1. The cushion foundation looks and sounds lovely! I haven't tried any cushion foundations but definitely wanna get this
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you should give it a whirl hun! Its definitely worth it! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I also don't really get the hype around cushion foundations... but I am curious to try it out before I make my final judgement. I'll definitely need to look into Lancome! Thanks for the rec :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here but once I gave this one a go I found it very useful and easier? In a sense! When you use it eventually you get the hang of using it and its becomes better, more favourable too. Honestly try it! Thanks sweetie :) xxx

      Delete