Lets Bake: Delicious Chocolate Marble Cupcakes

Do you like chocolate and vanilla? If so then you're in for a real treat. 

Literally. 

Okay so maybe I am not the best baker in the world and infact not at all if I am truthfully honest. God help if I ever went on the Great British Bake Off... But I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you lovelies because Autumn if finally here and I am sure you love to curl up with a nice brew and a tasty cupcake all cosy just as much as I do. 

Then these cupcakes are the perfect little treat!





Ingredients needed:


  • 115g butter
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 115g self-raising flour
  • 115 tsp baking powder 
  • 225g Icing sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract 
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tbsp semi-skinned milk
  • 115 cocoa powder 
  •  Double piping bag
  • White chocolate stars 

Process:

1. First of all you will have to pre-heat your oven to approx 170c/Gas mark 3, I recommend you set up your cupcake cases all ready for your mixture. If you don't have a cupcake tray, what I did (I totally forgot to buy a cupcake tray... Im hopeless ha ha!) was use a cake sandwich tin and circle them around that instead. That's what I did! 

2. Now you will have to grab your butter, then add the sugar beating it together until its nice and fluffy. Then you may add the eggs, put in the flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract by by bit while beating together so its a nice smooth mixture. 

3. Once thats done you will need another bowl and pour in 1/3 of cocoa powder to make the chocolate mix. Then add in 1/3 of the original mix with the vanilla in it and stir until you're all lump free! 

4. Divide the vanilla mix into your 6 cases (or more if you decide to make more... more the better!) and then spoon in equal amounts of the chocolate mix on top of the vanilla mix. You then need to grab a fork, tea spoon... which ever? and with its end, twirl the chocolate mix around so that you get a nice swirl with the vanilla! 

5. Bake for 12-16 minutes right in the centre of the oven so that you get a nice golden brown layer on your cakes. Mmm! 

6.  Now... feel free to just go ahead, you lick that spoon girl! and hopefully by this point you start to wash up your bowls, we don't want a big mucky mess! 





Ah... now this is where I kind of went wrong but Im not an expert at cakes. Icing. At all so please forgive my shabby looking icing... it still tastes ace though I promise! 

7. Once your cakes are done, place them aside (please becareful!) and allow them to cool. 

8. Now mix around 160g amount of butter for around a good 5-8 minutes so its lovely and fluffy. Then add 225g worth of icing sugar with more vanilla into the same bowl. 

9. You must then also add in the cocoa powder in another bowl and repeat this method but in that bowl instead. Whisk for another 5-8 minutes. 

10. I used a double piping bag to do this so that it was easier. The mistake I made was that I didnt allow my icing to set long enough, I didnt know this but make sure you put the icing in the fridge so that its neater when the time comes to put it on the cakes.

11. The piping bag I used wasn't as great as I thought it would be which was from Home Bargains. But I have been told Wilko have better piping bags so maybe invest somewhere else please. Make sure your cakes are completely cool before piping. 

12. Just to finish - I used some white chocolate stars for decorate and you can pick those up anywhere at Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys. I got mine from Tesco! 


And thats it! There we have it. Some yummy chocolate marble cupcakes! 

Let me know what you think and if you're going to give this recipe a try. 

xo 




No comments:

Post a Comment