Fancy An Autumn Treat? Then Try Delicious Cinnamon Ginger Cupcakes!


"Run, run, run, as you fast as you can; you can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man! "



Anyone a fan of cinnamon and gingerbread men? I know I am! 

Ooh, what about sticky toffee and possibly some vanilla too? Mmm. Sounds delicious or maybe if not both then one or the other? If so, good. Then you're in for a sticky, delicious treat! 

I don't know what really compelled me to make these cupcakes much aside from its Autumn and gingerbread men its getting closer to Christmas. The German markets will come soon and they sell gorgeous biscuits which have that rich winter scent. It lingers in the air from morning to evening when you pass by in town cutting through to get to work. I always get such a magical vibe with gingerbread men! They just scream celebration, happiness and all the good things that are to come towards the end of the year. 

Its a little early but... oh who cares! 

So if you're interested in this recipe what you will need is: 

  • 115g butter
  • 115g caster sugar
  • 115g self-raising flour
  • 115 tsp baking powder 
  • 225g Icing sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract 
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tbsp semi-skinned milk
  • 115g cinnamon powder
  • 115g ginger powder
  • A piping bag
  • Mini Gingerbread men  

Process:

1. Firstly you must pre-heat your oven to approx 170c/Gas mark 3, I recommend you set up your cupcake cases all ready for the mix. Out of this I managed to scrap up eight cupcakes in total but if you want to make more then be my guest! 

2. Now you will have to grab your butter, then add the sugar beating it together until its nice and smooth. Then you may thrown in the eggs, add in the flour, baking powder, milk and vanilla extract by by bit while beating together so its a lovely thick mixture. 

3. Once thats done you will need another bowl and pour in 1/3 of cinnamon powder. Then add in 1/3 of the original mix with the in it and then gradually add in the ginger powder stir until you're all lump free! Continue to add in the powders but save a third for the icing mix.

4. Divide the mix into your eight cases and then spoon in equal amounts into all the cases. 

5. Bake for 12-16 minutes right in the centre of the oven so that you get a nice golden brown layer on your cakes. Mmm! 

6. Its probably best to start cleaning at this point... we don't want to have a big mess by the end of it all! So gradually get things shifted... or lick the spoon. 






I think I may have started to improve my icing, I'm still trying so please bare with me. Its not perfect but it tastes great!


7. Once your cakes are done, carefully place them aside and allow them to cool. 

8. Now mix around 160g amount of butter for around a good 5-8 minutes so its lovely and fluffy. Then add 225g worth of icing sugar with the vanilla extract into the same bowl. 

9. Start adding in the rest of the cinnamon and ginger powder into the icing mix until you have no more. Begin to beat until its fluffed. 

10. Add the icing mix into your piping bag, test it out on to a piece of paper or a plate before applying it to your cakes. Make sure your cakes are fully cool before doing this next step! We don't want melted icing... icky!

11. Once you've iced your delicious cakes give them around an hour or two to settle. I put mine in the fridge to make sure the icing has hardened and set properly. 

12. Get your sticky toffee dressing - whether you've made it yourself or purchased it. I purchased mine from Marks & Spencer for just £2. Apply on drop, drizzle it nicely and for the finishing touch just pop in your little ginger breadman! 


And thats it! Some tasty cinnamon gingerbread cupcakes!

Mmmm... I might have to make these again. 



What do you think so far? Are you going to give this recipe a go? If so, please tell me what you thought of it if you do!





xo 

6 comments:

  1. These look so delicious!! I love the cute little gingerbread man xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much sweetie! They are so tasty I hope you get to try this recipe out! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I love gingerbread men, I totally agree that they just scream the holiday season! Thanks for sharing.


    xxxx from Emily // www.diamondsanddachshunds.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Awww thank you so much! Im so happy and appreciate your comment! I know right?! :) How can anybody not love gingerbread men ehehe! xxx

      Delete
  3. These are honestly the best looking cupcakes I've seen!! Theyre perfect for this time of year, I love them!!

    Ive just set up a blog and I would love it if you could check it out btw!
    Happy blogging!! x

    coffeeandcoatsblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thank you so much ahaha! Im glad you think so lovely! :) Im trying to improve my baking slowly ehe!

      Okay doll! I shall have a look! Thank you! xxxx

      Delete