Simple 5 Minute Hair mask





Over a three years I made the decision to go natural and shave my head. Yes, I did. I got rid of my old relaxed ends which I had been sporting for the past five years throughout high school. My hair was already damaged from relaxing and straightening almost everyday. Until my hair was cut into this ugly bob and I hated it.

So the best solution I came up with was getting rid of my old ends and re-growing all of my hair. One thing I have learnt throughout this journey is hair care, understanding my hair and what it needs. I did my research and scouted around the natural hair community, I watched plenty of videos, looked at many pictures and blogs with ladies and their gorgeous bouncing curls. It's such great inspiration and pushes me to keep growing out my hair. I haven't looked back since or gone near a relaxer. No regrets!

While taking in bits and pieces of information I eventually conquered up my own recipe for hair masks, they aren't exactly original but I found my way of doing things and adding in what I liked. I just felt like sharing a bit about myself and this really, really good hair mask. 

This treatment will have your roots smiling and your hair shiny! Goodness, it really does make your hair so soft, a lot more manageable and silky. It is a great way to give yourself some self-love if you have been neglecting your ends and scalp. Plus this recipe smells amazing! 






Avocado properties: Avocado is a fantastic ingredient for a home made deep conditioner. As it holds vitamin A, B and E. It can also be used for a fast smoothing, rich in fatty acids, conditioning and moisturising mask. Also may treat dandruff on a dry scalp, prevents hair loss and adds shine! 

Coconut milk properties: Naturally a very thick and penetrating substance, coconut is amazing and is known for it's promotion of hair growth. It de-frizzes and hydrates extremely well. 

Banana properties: Bananas are rich in natural oils and vitamins where they help to restore hair's natural elasticity, preventing breakage and split ends. When used as a hair mask bananas will restore, promote shine and soften.  

Rosemary oil properties: As amazing as rosemary oil smells it is an essential oil which is a natural way to stimulate hair growth and hair health.



You will need:

1 Banana
1/2 Avocado
1 TBSP Rosemary Oil
1/2 Coconut milk
Blender (I use the nutribullet) 
Sieve




Step 1. 

Break up the banana in two halves, chop up the avocado adding these into your blender. Then pour in half a can of coconut milk and then add 1 TBSP of rosemary oil.

Step 2.

Simply just blend them all together for two minutes at the most.

Step 3. 

Use your sieve to drain the mixture under a bowl making sure you get any pulp of avocado or banana from the substance. We don't want any lumps in our hair! After this all you need to do is pop the bowl into the refrigerator and half an hour so it's chilled!

Step 4. 

Apply to your hair after combing it out, make sure you get out any knots so it's easier to place on. Massage it well into your scalp, stimulating your fingers in circles to get your circulation going. Apply to scalp and right to the ends of your hair. After just put a shower cap on or hair wrap to prevent any mask dripping.

Step 5.

Wash off well and enjoy!







xo






1 comment:

  1. Once when I was really bored at uni, I had some bananas that had gone too soft so I thought I would do something very similar to this! I didn't have a blender so I mushed up the bananas (not very well)... And they ended up blocking up my shower and I had to get a plumber to sort it out... So embarrassing!

    XXXX
    Www.melberryy.com

    ReplyDelete